ARKLOW CAMERA CLUB PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2017
The Photographer of the Year 2016 is a competition to discover the club photographer of the year and will consist of 5 rounds as follows:
Closing date: July 11th
Closing date: August 15th
Closing date: September 12th
Art of Colour
Demonstrate a good understanding of the creative use of colour.
Closing date: October 17th
Closing date: November 14th
Judging will be performed by non members of Arklow Camera Club and these exterior judges will be invited to attend a club meeting to announce their marks and any comments they might have. Judging will take place on the first Tuesday of the month following the closing date.
Rules of Entry:
1. An entry in each round will be a single print mounted in a window mount with or without a backing board. Where a backing board is not attached the print should be secured in the mount by tape on two opposite sides.
2. A print may be in mono or colour and should measure no less than 80 square inches and no more than 96 square inches. The mount may be re-used from round to round.
3. Photographs entered must have been shot in the 2017 calendar year.
4. Marks will be awarded in each round, with the winner receiving 15 marks, 2nd place receiving 13 marks, 3rd place receiving 12 marks and so on down in one mark increments.
5. The Photographer of the Year shall be the member who accumulates the highest aggregate score over the 5 rounds.